1. Protecting Your Privacy
This Policy sets out how Barbizon Pty Ltd ATF Willims Motor Trust trading as Willims Motor Group collects, stores, uses and discloses personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles ("Principles") contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
The Principles govern the use of "personal information", which is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonable identifiable. It need not matter that the information is correct or not or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
In this document 'WMG’ refers to Willims Motor Group (ABN 85 892 440 922). WMG distributes and sells a range of vehicles and related products in Australia through its dealership facilities.
3. Your personal information
Personal information held by WMG about you may include:
· date of birth;
· telephone numbers;
· e-mail address;
· purchase details;
· driving licence number and state;
· warranty and service transaction information provided by us or our third parties;
· employment application information; and
· any other relevant information.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
4. How we collect personal information
Audi collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
· directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS);
· directly from you, via our internet site (requests for information);
· from our dealership when you purchase a vehicle or have your vehicle repaired;
· from your agents or representatives who act on your behalf;
· from competition entry forms or at our promotional activities or sponsored events;
· from third parties we contract to collect and/or manage data on our behalf;
· from third parties who you have asked or permitted to provide your personal information (including those parties from whom you purchase goods and services);
· from marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
· from industry databases;
· from publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and
· from law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory and regulatory bodies.
5. Website cookies
We may collect cookies from you about your visit to our website to help us to improve our website. Cookies are small information files which are sent to your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website and it will recognise your device on future visits. For example, we may collect the time of your visit, whether you have visited our website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information. For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser.
We may also use analytical web tools such as Google Analytics to collect visitor information for us to better understand how to improve our products and services for you. In addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with third parties.
We also use other external service providers for the following purposes:
· for web hosting services for this website; and/or
· to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for example online marketing activities.
6. How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
· provide and market our products and services and those of our related companies and dealerships (whether directly or through our related companies and dealerships);
· communicate to you in relation to our products, services and our promotional activities;
· purchase from you;
· support your purchase through warranty and road-side assistance;
· comply with our legal obligations;
· monitor our performance and to help us manage our services;
· identify and contact individuals who do business with us;
· train our employees, agents and representatives;
· conduct customer and market research and analytics to improve the quality of our products and services;
· assess and process employment applications and manage employment issues; and
· handle complaints and disputes; and detect, investigating and preventing fraud.
We may contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email or SMS.
7. Direct Marketing
We will not direct market to you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications or unless you have otherwise consented to direct marketing. If you do not want to receive such offers from us or do not want us to disclose your personal information to our related entities or dealerships for marketing purposes, you can opt out at any time by contacting us using our contact details provided below.
8 When we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of WMG. These organisations may include:
· outsourced service providers who manage other services including:
· roadside assistance;
· customer research;
· financial services and insurance;
· mailing systems and direct marketing; and
· market research;
· government, regularity and law enforcement authorities and organisations, as required or authorised by law;
· our related body corporates;.
· the agent(s) of any of those entities referred to above;
· your employer (where applicable); and
· our advisors (including legal and accounting advisors).
Those entities are not authorised by us to use personal information for anything other than the purpose for which we supplied that information to them. We may also disclose personal information where you consent to us doing so. That consent may be written, verbal or implied from your conduct.
9. Disclosure to overseas recipients
Our related entities and some of our service providers (including information technology service providers) may be located overseas and, as a result, personal information collected and held by WMG may be transferred overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located will vary from time to time, but may include Germany, Czech Republic, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America & Singapore.
10. How we hold and store your personal information
WMG may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
· in our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
· in paper records; and/or
· in telephone recordings.
Where the information has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you.
WMG will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
11. Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
WMG takes reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
· let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
· keep us up to date with changes to your personal information such as your name and address.
12. You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and in some circumstances we may need to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
13. How to contact us
If you wish to notify us of your new contact details, update your personal information, opt out of direct marketing, make a complaint about a breach of privacy or have any questions in relation to the accuracy of your information or privacy, please contact WMG:
Telephone: (07) 3251 8222
Please include the identification number of your vehicle (VIN) in all correspondence. This number is 17 characters long and can normally be found on your registration documents.
14. Making a Complaint
If you believe that we have interfered with your privacy in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint. We will attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with our internal complaints resolution process.